Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Big News

Before I get into all the witty banter (yeah right!) I have going on in my head that I want to publish to all of the world....I have big news. I am a home owner, or rather will be in the first few months of next year.

I have been planning on purchasing my own home in the next year or so, but all the pieces fell into place last week and I signed a purchase agreement for a townhouse. Here is what it looks like so far. It was a bit of an impulse buy, but a really fun one! Ha! It all went down on possibly the busiest day of the year--they day before my company's convention. I was getting ready to go out of town for a week and ended up having to do all sorts of mortgage paperwork.

Speaking of my job...our convention was INSANE. In good ways (sales) and horrible ways (CROWD CONTROL)! One morning I arrived at 7 a.m. to this:

If you're not familiar with this situation, and why would anyone be, it is a korean sit-in, that wrapped all the way around this large convention center. Yes, we had hundreds of our independent distributors from Korea, lined up in a organized protest, at a sit-in to be the first to get our new product. This is NOT something I want to encounter at 7 a.m.--let's be honest. Which, yay for us that we have a great product, but this group was taking the whole civil disobedience thing a little too far. They threatened to riot (ok, so i realize that's not part of civil disobedience), which I was personally hoping would happen. But alas, it ended with the fire marshall forcing them to move and a lot of yelling. I got to personally escort this line around the building. If I had not had some great work friends there to help--giant shout-out to HOSTING STAFF '09: Kristen, Whitney, Chieh, Susan, Russ and Ryan--I probably would have died, or been crushed by the out of control crowds. There were times I thought I was in Brazil at a soccer game---getting crushed up against a chain link fence. Just NOT a pretty picture.

Yeah, I aged about 10 years during this event. Kind of ironic, isn't it.

3 comments:

  1. AGGHH!! I am so excited for you! Congrats on the big purchase. When will it be finished? Where is it at (please say Springville, please say Springville ;) ) Love the blog (found you through Rachel)
    Allison Larson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome on the house dude!

    P.S. I love the last comment about "aging", you should definitely tell Joe Chang about that! (wink, wink)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Shelley! I'm so excited for you! My condo just closed on Friday and I'm all moved in. I love it and you will too! Yay for impulse purchases! :)

    ReplyDelete